Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Art Journal format change

I changed the format of my art journal.  Daily art journaling has become a part of my life and I found that making boxes for the elements I included on every page was no longer necessary.  Now I put the date somewhere on the page and begin with the intent to include some journaling, a sketch, and word play.  The page is wide open and the next thing to do is start.

Encapsulating this with a MOO -


My journaling has become journaling patterns:



I also create doodles.  This one had its origins in a class I took from Diane Culhane a few years ago called "Doings of a Doodle" where Diane had the class do an exercise taken from Paul Klee's quote, "Drawing is taking a line for a walk".

My line taking a walk :-)

And that day, the drink next to my drawing board was a little cup of green tea:


I highly recommend daily art journaling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment