Monday, June 6, 2016

More painting, a reworking, and word art

I started this painting early last year just after completing Diane Culhane's online class,  "Paint Your Garden".  I used the frottage and blown blots techniques from the class and then I stopped.  I wasn't sure what to do next.

I pulled the painting out of my "in process" stash a couple of weeks ago thinking that the next step would come to me given time and perspective.  Patience is a virtue (so true) and I completed this painting a few days ago.

"Morning In the Garden"

And now to the "reworking".  I posted this rough photo of "We Gather Together As Friends" on Friday:


I thought I was done with it but, no, I kept going back and looking at it while waiting for it to dry completely.  Hm-m-m.  Out came the brushes and paints and now I am happy with the results:


I make word art (all the time, oy) and it has become a regular subject on my blog :-)  This one is of the moment and decidedly not close to my heart but, unfortunately, it is close to my head:



No comments:

Post a Comment