Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sharing "Un-Success"

"Oy", the word that comes to mind when I review my monoprints from a class I am taking (Carla Sonheim's Gelli Plate Plus). One consideration Carla noted on the class blog is that this technique has "a high failure rate". Fair warning.

Earlier this morning, a cartoon depicting my feelings about the prints I pulled yesterday would be of an acrylic paint splattered figure with a depression bubble cloud over my head. Yes, "un-success" in a big way...and I'd like to share that? Not really, but I had to post my monoprints on FlickR because it is something I use for accountability.

This is what I am going on about:

First attempt...

Soldiering on:
Third attempt
More:
Best one of the lot - could be considered 'done'.

This one is from my slush pile and it actually is an improvement:

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Hmmm...

I have had some time to let the disappointment subside. I know that most if not all of these monoprints are in stage 1 - and I have learned a lot of techniques to transform them.

I am looking forward to getting into my studio today to do just that. But first Remy and I are going on walkies. Woof  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment