Monday, January 13, 2014

First page of my first Art Journal


I have never created an art journal. I usually work in sketchbooks which for me is a very different process. So I thought, "why not?"

New project, new journal...oy, blank page "freeze" - making the first mark.  Ideas were coming and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I finally got tired of myself and said, "O, just...begin".

The idea to show the process occurred to me at this point.

I kept my camera within reach as a reminder :-)

I turned my journal 90 degrees so the page size is 7-7/8"H x 11-3/8" W. 
"Just Begin" is disappearing into the busy background.

I was so involved that I nearly forgot to take a photo...

Working with a lot more "real estate" compared to a regular tile.

Journal page done!

This was fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment