Friday, October 4, 2013

And now for something completely different...

I took a quick break from my current Gelli plate printing to do something I've always wanted to do - carve a stamp. Remy was watching me - and since he's a sweet dog he didn't comment on my "process" or eat any of the pink carving detritus.
So of course I drew a little image of a dog, no surprises there! and burnished it onto the carving block. I had some idea of what to do from reading Geninne Zlatkis's book, "Making an Impression: Designing and Creating Artful Stamps" - a great book.
I grabbed my tools and started.
Et voici, le chien:
Freshly carved, yay!

Here he is with a couple of impressions:
Woof, woof and woof!
I had a bit of a problem with carving the paws due to carving-tool-driver-error; I wandered over the line ;-)
I had a lot of fun and I will be making more.

3 comments:

  1. This is about too cute! Good job! It's easier than we think to make stamps! You're reminding me to get out my stamp making stuff. Giving me ideas . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet....if you colour it in, or on fabric stitch around, you will never notice the oopsy on the paw!

    ReplyDelete