Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yupo is bound for the flat file

... for awhile.

I did finish this last imaginary flowers painting beforehand (still using the flower assignment from Carla's class, "2014: Year of the Fairy Tale"):

I was hunting around my studio for "something else" to add color to the piece. I decided to use Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble wax pastels for the background and to intermix them with all the other media I used on the ground.

I enjoy this kind of experimentation. And even though failures "happen" I find them to be valuable, truly an opportunity to learn. Admittedly I may not see it exactly and positively like that at the time though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment