Friday, December 13, 2013

Glaze and color

Yesterday I completed another assignment for Lesson 4 (Beckah Krahula's "One Zentangle® A Day" online class). It involved the use of a Glaze pen. I have pens of many kinds, but I have never tried one of these. I did a little test piece to check out its properties:

Sakura Glaze pen and Inktense colored pencils on 140# watercolor paper.
Love its "resist" property. I don't think there is another nib size available so this line width is it.

My first 3.5" tile with glaze and color was free form; no string was used because the pencil line remains visible even with the "white" Glaze color - see above. The tangles were mostly organic:

Sakura Glaze pen and Tim Holtz® Distress Ink on 140# watercolor paper.

So then, a lot of possibilities, and I understand there is a clear ink available too. Hm-m-m-m...

No comments:

Post a Comment