Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Remy and Spiderman and Fairytale Sketches

Remy says, "Hi!"

Enjoying a late summer afternoon :-)

Early morning and early evening are the best times for rolling in the grass.  Remy loves to lay on his back, close his eyes and sniff :-)

The current 2014: Year of the Fairy Tale assignment focuses on gesture and emotion and thus I found myself looking for a model, a 'mannekin'.  I've looked off and on for quite a few yeard but never found one that I thought would work for me. 

However, I found a thread in a forum - I cannot remember which one - that mentioned the highly articulated Spiderman toy circa 2003.  Whoa, let me check it out.

I found one.  It's 18 inches tall and posable:

Impressive articulation...

Overall sixty-seven points of articulation; here a close up of the hand:

The fingers move, too.

So back to my fairy tale assignment; I sketched emotive scenes that so far have involved a queen, a princess, a prince and his brothers with the emphasis on gestures.  However these figures were from my imagination.  Some examples:


Unlocking a door.

Delivering the news.

Princess and Prince.

 
  To refine the figures I'll have to involve my action figure buddy.  Hm-m-m, Spiderman doubling for a princess... but you know, it could work :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment