Monday, June 9, 2014

Year of the Fairy Tale break or... scratch and stipple :-)

Year of the Fairy Tale is on a short break.  Perfect timing because Diane Culhane's online workshop, "Paint Your Garden" started on Monday.  Last year I took a class from her called "Between Speech and Silence" that I enjoyed immensely.  Understandably I was eagerly anticipating this latest offering and I have not been disappointed :-)

Monday - some quick, small studies:

Scratching an imaginary plant.

And then another one...

Next, some fun tree shapes:

A gold one....dab, dab, dab.

A red tree (my favorite)
And finally, more stippling to create the purple one :-)

Studio time is best when the work is all consuming and I lose track of time. But on the other hand, regaining a foot hold in the unfolding day is necessary.  Fortunately I have this guy -

Good dog, Remy.

who reminds me that it's time to take a break and get outdoors for walkies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment